Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dreamin' about Safe Sex

Sorry to all my faithful followers for the lack of updates (I think there are 8 of you). I've been super busy finishing up my first year at PSU. The post title is not about finals week but rather a climb I did with some friends that weekend. The original plan was to climb a route called Dreamer, one of the classic long routes of Washington, but we unfortunately overslept at the trailhead after getting there very late on Friday night and got stuck behind a party of five. We ended up doing the first couple pitches of Dreamer and moved over to the "Safe Sex" variation. This still made for a great climb with an awesome summit but we were bummed to miss out on some of the upper crack pitches of Dreamer.

On the approach


Green Giant Buttress


Bobito and Jovina at the base


Some times you just have to be there...


Lil'a on pitch 2


Mmm.. granite...










Awesome summit views!

No comments: