Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Photoshop

I've never been much for "Photoshop art" but I've been playing around with it a bit lately. I feel like the line between "photography" and "computer art" can become a little bit blurry sometimes. I've always opted for trying to keep my pictures more "realistic." But it's hard to say what is real when you're dealing with film and computer chips... Everything digital has been manipulated in some way before it is viewed, and even film emulsion is giving you a different perspective than the human eye.

This is of my friend Krista out at the Oregon Coast (Manzanita). I thought it turned out pretty well.

1 comment:

Bill Doctorman said...

I have to say I agree with you. Keeping the line clear is becoming more and more difficult. I thought I was a purist for a long time, but it seems that as long as you can continue to produce beautiful images (no one really takes photos anymore) that don't look contrived, you have a good thing going. Digital art has its place, but so does photography in a more classical sense. You will only go so far with technology before you come to a wall. Finding a personal style and realizing what motivates you will always reach beyond the ones and zeros. You have great photos and were one of my main inspirations as I made the transition from film. Get on it and start selling some of those photos!