Sunday, March 29, 2009

A few more from Smith

This is a sequence of a guy named Clay (?) redpointing 'Kings of Rap'' (5.12d). This is an incredible route that has a little bit of everything and keeps your attention all the way to the last move. I've been working on this one a little bit too, but I haven't quite managed to finish the thing. I've come as close as possible to doing it as you can get, but fell just as my fingers touched the finishing hold. This ended up being the day of "falling on the last move" (See below). Oh well, just another reason to go back!







Michael was also frustratingly close to sending his project, 'Churning in the Wake' (5.13a), but kept letting go on the last move. He would absolutely hike the thing, making it look like 5.9, then he would somehow manage to fall of the last move every time.


Hanging out in the parking lot with Michael, Andy, and Emily (and a few beers). I have no idea what Michael is doing in this picture.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cubby, please please be carefull. I just hate it when you fall.
Love you, Mom